Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2015 Challenge face #2

Back in December I did my own little challenge and I drew all 12 Doctors from the BBC's TV show Doctor Who. It was my way of counting down to Christmas day. I had an extra face because I had to redo Doctor #9- played by Christopher Eccleston. The first drawing I did of him I didn't like, it looked enough like him but not the way I wanted it too, so I did another one and posted it. So I'm letting that first face, the one that wasn't good enough for the Doctors wall (I have all of them on display in my TV room), I'm letting it out of the sketch book and into the spot light.

Face #2

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo! The Doctor! I'm glad he doesn't have to hide in your sketchbook anymore. Can we get a peek at your Doctors wall? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AnnD :) I'll link the post that shows the wall and you can look at the posts I did in December if you want to see them close up! http://alycialouiseartwork.blogspot.com/2014/12/12-days-of-doctor-who-12-doctor-merry.html

      Delete
  2. Great sketch and use of tone! I love Dr. Who :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorissdaughter! I love doing faces that have a lot of shadows in them, I'm just drawn to them.

      Delete
  3. This is splendid, I especially like the look in his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susupetal :) I think that's why I was drawn to the reference photo in the first place, there are secrets in those eyes.

      Delete
  4. He looks like he knows something. Good luck with the challenge... from a fellow Whovian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elteee, I love Doctor #9 simply because how expressive his face is. Have fun with the Challenge, I can't wait to see your faces.

      Delete