Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Face #6, #7 #8 #9 and #10

I just caught up with my faces last night. I have two water colors and two pencil drawings done (one drawing has two faces in it)  I found out that I'm actually running out of watercolor paper so I don't know how many more I'm going to do.

Face #6 Gypsy lady in watercolor. I usually don't paint hair so I was trying some different things with hers.
I really like how she turned out and I'm going to try and paint or draw her again so I can capture her hands as well.

Face #7 For this guy I wanted to play with shading with darker skin tones, I really like him as well, though his eyes didn't turn out the way I wanted. My hand smudged  this eye highlight away in the right eye, oh well.

Face #8 Alan Rickman! He was very relaxing to draw and his proportions and shading just flowed from my hand. Why can't all drawing be that way and actually turn out?

Faces #9 and #10  Two for one with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall :) I'm really trying to work on faces from the side, the mouth area is the hardest for me, I'm not happy with how their mouths are but it is a definite improvement to what I've done in the past at that angle.

Well I'm off to do house work and hopefully knockout another face or two (and maybe head to the craft store). 

1 comment:

  1. Your gypsy is beautiful. You can see from her eyes that she is dreaming. Very romantic picture!

    I find darked skin tones challenging, but you have found a realistic palette of colours.

    You have done well with the drawings too. The eyes of Alan Rickman are great!
    I find that the drawing of the pair is a full of emotion. That's a hard thing to capture!

    ReplyDelete