Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 29 face challenge!

I can't believe that September is already here, this summer  has flown by.
Below are 3 faces I did earlier this summer and tonight I will start work on some new ones :)


Face #1
My brother and I spent and evening together and each of us drew this man. I was very interesting to see our different styles for the same picture.


Face #2
I'm still trying to get a feel for charcoal....

Face #3
A rough sketch on lined paper with a pen.... The man was older this this drawing shows but I couldn't get anymore wrinkles in there with out turning him into a black blob of ink.... I like him though.


I can't wait too see what everyone else is creating this month!





7 comments:

  1. I like face #3 and its bold and "rough" lines.
    You have fine touch to potrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these faces, Alycia ~ and I really dig the freedom in the lines in #3, it really gives the drawing some nice energy and movement! So now … I'm looking forward to seeing some new faces from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose! New faces are in the works :) I promise.

      Delete
  3. Lovely faces! Great expressions.
    xxx Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey--I think I did this man too! It's my Face #12, which I am going to post in a few minutes. Wild! Yours looks a lot more like the real guy. Since my things are just black and white, I had to really squint and then make a (random, for the most part) decision which was black and which was white.

    One of my goals this year is to take all of my own reference photos, but I'm not there yet.

    Nice drawings!

    ReplyDelete