Saturday, September 6, 2014

September 2014, face #5


It's been a busy two days. I am remodeling the upstairs of my house and removing a fireplace in the downstairs (which will need a new wall put up before it rains), we also got an impromptu roommate last week when a friend lost his apartment, to say my house is a chaotic is an understatement. To top it all off , yesterday I found out I lost one of my jobs, the steady one that paid the rent, I have mixed feelings about it, I was talking with my business partner about  absolving that business at the end of the year, I just wasn't planning on it happening this soon....

My point in sharing isn't for sympathy, I know this is the flow of life, out with the old, in with the new. But I think it's the reason this next face turned out so well (he's my favorite so far this challenge). I've noticed that my best art comes out during times of heightened emotion, Happy, Sad, Stressed, Depressed. It doesn't matter what feeling it is, the excess emotions spills out into my art and makes something amazing (At least I notice a difference in quality).

See for yourself...




Face #5....
I could of done his hair better (hair seems to be my weakness, I just can't get any of it right), but I love his nose, eyes, and eyebrows.



The inspiration....

6 comments: