Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hands in April! hands #1 #2 & #3

March Madness is over! hurrah for April! My March was full of stress, sadness, and craziness, I am glad to see it over with. April (in my area) brings more rain, I look forward to it washing away and creating new things. Everything is starting to grown and bloom, I love it, I even have empty egg cartons with seedlings starting on my craft table. I'm dreaming of the full garden we will have in the summer, yum!

Back in February I didn't know if I would be able to finish 29 faces on time, it seemed easy at first, then got harder as the month went on. I loved the experience and got excited when I read about Hands in April. I've always loved hands, they can be so expressive and intricate.  I honestly don't think I will be able to finish on time but I'm going to try. I started late and did three hands today, so anything is possible. I'll try and get a few done a head of time so I have a little cushion on those busy days. For all those participating with me, I cannot wait to see how we do and how well we improve!

This one was inspired by the color festival in India, I really want to re-do this one in watercolor so the colors POP.



 One of my favorite Photos of me as a child is me holding my dads hand like this one. There is something so special about a child holding your hand like this.




I loved the photo I based this one off of, old wrinkled hands inspire me, each crease is a story.

1 comment: