Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Face #5 There's no place like home...Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz.


With this face I actually took pictures as a did it,  to show my process I guess, it's pretty cool to look back at some of the stages.


The sketch with a 4H pencil.


Next is the dark spots with my charcoal, I love starting with the shadows first, then growing lighter. 

And my finished face #5. I was having trouble with her hair and just gave up, maybe I should put in the shadowy background, I bet it would help.






I love being able to compare my guide photo with my finished piece, it helps greatly in figuring out how I can improve, like my mouth and nose should of been a little bigger, I wasn't able to capture as much of her emotion as I would have liked because I kept them so small.

Please check out some of the other artists  participating in this months 29 Faces challenge, There's currently 140 of us!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for explaining how you did your drawing. She may not look exactly like the photograph, but she is very good.

    ReplyDelete