Friday, February 1, 2013

Before the challenge

Art has always been a stress release for me, when a good book won't do I pick up a pencil or a paint brush, turn on some music and loose myself for a few hours. I feel renewed afterwards, I find myself.

 In my teens, we moved into a new house. My siblings and I were to share a bathroom, a blank canvas, white walls in need of some color.  I was allowed  to paint whatever I wanted in there.  A year later a cheetah was running above the shower stall, flamingos were next to the toilet and a giraffe ate leaves next to the bathroom sink. There was also galloping horses, a cockatoo, and a dragon to be found on the walls.  It was all in acrylic, my first tries at the medium, to this day I'm still learning the perfect way to use them.

From there I went to watercolors, I by no means have a traditional style, I don't leave enough white.
I feel really comfortable with watercolors, it is my favorite medium to work with at the moment.
But lately in my little apartment, getting all my watercolor things out and setting them up is a huge hassle, so I've been  working on improving my pencil skills and possibly getting into charcoal.

Anyway, enough history. I love art, but it is currently my hobby. This blog was created because my mother and I are taking part in the 29 faces art challenge. Click here for their info.   I hope you enjoy my work, I'm open to comments and critiques,  please don't be to harsh , if you do comment.


Here are some of my recent works.








No comments:

Post a Comment