Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day five, face #7 Paul Newman

I love older movies. They just have something that today's Hollywood films lack. I can look past bad graphic and a slower story, the best movies don't have special effects. I can watch them all day, The haunting of hill house, the magnificent seven,  and Sabrina  are movies I will never get tired of.

I think it comes down to the actors, not that today's Hollywood doesn't have some amazingly talented actors but back then it was more focused on the actors, their face, body language and speech.  Today's movies are fast paced and full of special effects to dazzle and engage us, we often lose that something special that old movies have. And for gods sake the camera was still! I can't go to the theater anymore because they shoot the whole thing in 'action' shots that give me motion sickness, yuck.

Anyway, enough blabbing, here is a sketch of Paul Newman  :)




1 comment: