Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 6, Face #8 Marilyn Monroe

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” 
― Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe has some great quotes out there, I remember seeing them in my teens and wondering why people idolized her so much and as a result I avoided her. I hated mainstream things and doing what was popular at the time. I missed out on some great stuff in my teens because of that way of thinking, but thankfully with age you change.

Last year I got Netflix and I explored so many movies and T.V. shows, I actually never watch live T.V. anymore. Commercials? Yuck. During my time of exploring I went through a western theme and it suggested the movie River of No Return, it stars Robert Mitchum and Marilyn Monroe. I decided it was time to see a glimpse of Marilyn and decide for myself if she was worth all the fame.  I fell in love with her in that movie and kicked myself for waiting so long to watch anything with her in it. I have sense watched nearly everything on Netflix with her in it. She was a beautiful woman, who died far to young.

     “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” 
― Marilyn Monroe


Today's face is the beautiful Marilyn. After I  finished her I realized I make my faces short. Both her and Paul Newman have longer faces. Yay! something to work on!



In all honesty I will probably do more Marilyn faces this month, so stay tuned. If you have any Ideas or photos you'd like me to try drawing please feel free to send them my way (I love black and whites or something with lots of shadows)

“We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.” 
― Marilyn Monroe

1 comment: